This page was created to combine different solutions when Blackra1n does not work or stops:
Here is the guide that will allow you to unlock this terminal without running into the error that prevented the progress of the process after the entry into Recovery Mode.
Firmware 3.1.2 installed on your device (downloadable from here )
Note: Once you reset the firmware you need to make a restart of the device to ensure the successful operation of Jailbreak the iPhone.
1. After downloading blackra1n, move the executable in the directory “C: /”.
2. Shut our iPhone 3G and make sure that the USB cable is attached to the device.
3. We initiate blackra1n and press the only button available “ra1n make it”
4. We turn on our iPhone via the Power button and wait until you start. In this passage might open several times iTunes: just close it only via the dedicated button.
5. We expect the successful entry of your iPhone in Recovery Mode (step strictly done by the program itself) and then, after the disappearance of the image that portrays GeoHot, we will be in a LockScreen with our iPhone jailbreak.
6. We go into “Settings> Wi-Fi” and insert the password (if any) of our Wi-Fi home network. We enter, therefore, in the new application installed, blackra1n. With a tap select the package “Cydia” and then the button on the top right “Install”. Done!
Finally you can enjoy the iPhone 3G unlocked, avoiding the annoying error on the Recovery Mode.
If the method just presented their works there, try to follow this exposed by Luca[most iPOd Touch]:
1. Connect the iPhone to your computer, close iTunes and click on “Make It Rain” by blackra1n.
2. When the iPhone crashes in recovery mode, and blackra1n remains in “running”, do not close BLACKRA1N and turn off the phone by clicking on Home + Power.
3. The program will tell you that the operation of Jailbreak has been completed but in reality it is not. At this point, then:
- Close Blackra1n;
- Re-open Blackra1n;
- Click on the Make it Rain
- Turn on your phone
The program should recognize the iPhone and completing the Jailbreak.
Problems error Blackra1n QTCF.dll is not found
Blackra1n If you feel the lack of file “QTCF.dll”, download the file from this link and place it in the same folder where blackra1n.exe. Then restart the application.
General problems jailbreak iPhone 3G blackra1n:
1) Sometimes happens that blackra1n not start in Windows because it conflicts with the iTunes program.
To solve this problem open the Task Manager in Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.
Use the key combination Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select the processes tab, select and terminate running processes iTunes.exe and iTunesHelper.
After closing processes start Blackra1n and click on Make it Ra1n
2) Another bug can ‘be solved so’:
after downloading Blackra1n, copy the file in the directory in windows blackra1n.exe “C: /”
Turn off the phone (iPhone 3G) and keep the USB cable connected to your PC and iPhone.
Start Blackra1n and press the “Make it Ra1n”
Turn iPhone 3G using the HOLD button and wait until you start.
Attention in this passage might open iTunes. Close it forever.
Wait for iPhone 3G goes into Recovery Mode and after the disappearance of the image of GeoHot we are going Lockscreen with our iPhone jailbreak.
Now connect on WiFi from “Settings> WiFi and connect.
(Please note if you can not connect to WiFi network or do not see the icon.)
We find then applying Blackra1n and select the package “Cydia“, after click install.
3) The final method for bugs with iPhone 3G:
Connect your iPhone 3G to the PC. close itunes and click on “Make it Ra1n” software.
If your iPhone 3G hangs in Recovery Mode, and blackra1n remains in “running”, do not close Blackra1n, turn off your iPhone with the keys Home + Hold