Trails is the first GPS app that allows you to record, export AND IMPORT tracks directly on your iPhone!
O’Reilly: “Best app for hiking”
MacUp (Germany): “Best iPhone App for iPhone OS 3.0″
NYT GadgetWise: “Remember That Great Hike? My iPhone Does [with Trails]”
Record your hikes, bike trips or jogs directly on your iPhone. Easily import tracks by simply searching on popular GPS websites such as everyTrail.commapmyrun.com and bikely.com to find hikes and jogs of other users and follow their tracks on your iPhone.
You can view your recordings (live or later) on an OpenStreetMap (the Wikipedia for maps) that include a lot of additional information (such as bike trails, ski lifts, ATMs). You can switch between road and topographic maps! Maps are loaded once and then stored on your phone, so that you can view them again even without an internet connection: offline maps!
Trails is also the ONLY APP that allows you to edit your tracks with a simple tap on the map: delete and label any recorded waypoint.
You can export your tracks with two clicks in the standard GPX Format. This allows you to geotag and geocode your non-iPhone photos (via e.g. HoudahGeo) or to share your track with others via Google Earth, etc. Or upload your tracks directly to everyTrail.com or into your TrailRunner log with a single tap!
- Record waypoints with altitude for multiple tracks (pause and resume as you like)
- Display your tracks OpenStreetMaps and select between road and topographic maps (that include cycle roads)
- Map cache allows you to load maps once and view them later offline (or abroad) without an internet connection.
- Edit recorded tracks on the map: name waypoints or delete unwanted ones.
- See the distance, speed and duration of your track while you record
- Import tracks from bikely.com, everytrail.com, mapmyrun.com through the easy search or import a GPX file from a URL
- No internet connection required during tracking – ideal for holidays. (Loading of maps requires Internet though).
- Export your tracks along with time stamps as GPX file, to everyTrail.com and TrailRunner (free for Mac)
- Select kilometres or miles for display of distance