Given the large number of users and owners of an iPod Touch having problems due to the great little jailbreak blackra1n on this device with Apple, I decided to offer this post that will address a number of tricks to solve any problem. Good reading.
Many people have complained of many difficulties to use the software for blackra1n jailbreak Apple devices with firmware 3.1.2. Especially the owners of an iPod Touch 3G (the latest model out). Many of the incidents having to do with the fact that the release is essentially a jailbreak that is tethered to boot the iPod is required to connect to a computer and execution of software blackra1n. For those who are stuck at the white screen or fail to boot your iPod, you list a number of points to keep in mind during the process:
• Make sure you update your machine to version 3.1.2. In fact, this jailbreak is not for versions 3.0 or 3.1.
• Download purplera1n tool on the desktop. Some users have experienced difficulties or complained of problems with permissions with Windows Vista or 7. Should be sufficient to initiate enforcement action as Administrator.
• Make sure no other software is running during the jailbreak of the iPod, so as to avoid any kind of interference.
• If your device after a long time, do not start simultaneously press the power button and the Home and make a good restart. If you are prompted to connect to iTunes, something must have gone wrong and you go all the proceedings. I know that this is very frustrating, but for some people it worked after several attempts.
• Do not lose your data by doing the jailbreak. Only a restore of a firmware “clean” could wipe out your applications, but would still be able to restore it through a sync with iTunes.
• If you have a white screen turn off your iPod by holding down the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds and again make the boot again.
• If iTunes continues to jump out, use the CTRL + ALT + DELETE (or DEL) to access the task manager and close all processes related to iTunes, including iTunesHelper.exe. This can cause interference with the proceedings.
• Oddly, do the procedure on different computers has worked for some users. So if you have the chance, try changing your PC.
Finally, consider the fact that blackra1n really works. There are many people with an iPod Touch 2G 8GB have completed the transaction the first time. It seems that when you first start Cydia there was some inconvenience, but everything was solved with a reboot of the iPod through buttons Power + Home.
Addition, George Hotz announced that there are some incompatibilities with some software blackra1n particular versions of the iPod Touch 8GB, both 2G 3G. The models in question are those that begin with MB or MC. For those of MC method would not work and then you should wait for a jailbreak method for ad hoc or revert to a previous version. blackra1n still works for models that begin with MB. To see if your iPod appartient class MB or MC you just follow this path: Settings -> General -> Information.
For other general problems to jailbreak iPhone and iPod touch with blackra1n
There are other guides blackra1n problems