GUIDE: Jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPhone 3.1.2 firmware 3GS with Blackra1n for Windows

Upgrade iPhone to 3.1.2 via iTnunes if not already updated.

If you do not have the firmware can be downloaded from here:

Download iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

Download iPhone 3G 3.1.2

Requirements:
Blackra1n for Windows download directly from the official site by clicking here and then the Apple logo.
Connect the device to your computer via USB (to be turned on) and close iTunes.

Guide:

1. Click on the icon of Blackra1n to start the application. A small window with a single button “Make it ra1n”

2. Click that button, and you’ll notice the words “Entering Recovery”. In those seconds, the program will launch a completely automated process that will put the iPhone / iPod in recovery mode and then run the Jailbreak and install the application on the device Blackra1n.

3. IPhone GeoHot image will appear full screen on Mac and meanwhile you will notice this in writing:

4. The Jailbreak has been completed and was successful. Wait those 20 seconds it took to restart the phone and when you are on the SpringBoard will not have to do is launch Blackra1n through the appropriate icon, and download Cydia.

End! You can enjoy your device updated, unlocked and jailbroken with the latest available firmware and Cydia. The whole process, even counting the time for a restart of the device, takes about 30 seconds!

Restore backup or set up as new iPhone?
We do not recommend backup restore through iTunes if these were made by a firmware 3.0.x. A substantial firmware update results in significant changes that often a backup can change, compromising the proper functioning of the device. It ‘always advisable to configure your phone as a new device .. up to run a manual backup (via SSH) only for SMS. For the address book, mail, bookmarks, applications, music and photos, to do a new sync with iTunes. For applications Cydia, reinstall only those necessary.

Musa says:

what ipod touch 3g ios 5.0.1 dose this jailbreaking software work for ios 5.0.1??? Please???

Angel Catacutan says:

Freddy Oller says: thank you so much your a genius

brad says:

hey i have a iphone 3g i tried the blackra1n it did the reboot but now says connect to itunes nd the black rain says running still ?????

Filip says:

Hello all.
I am from Macedonia, I have my first iphone4. Purchased in Dubai before 15 days.
Version 4.3.3 (8j2)
model MC610LLa
Modem firmvare 01.59.00

When you conect to my PC, itunes does not see. When you turn off and you want to get into DFU mode, do not enter into DFU and only the battery is charging.
I do not know what the problem is, if my iphone4 have some protection and do not appear in itunes or from the USB cable.

I almost forgot, I tried with redsn0w jailbreak with, but the message is the same: the device does not exist.

My itunes is Version 10.5.2.11

I would like someone to help me solve my problem so I can sinhroziram my iphone with itunes.

Thanks in advance.

San says:

Hey,

I went through the whole process and It looks like it worked fine, but as I tried to install Cydia, it looks like it installed, but as I click on the Icon, it says “Loading Data” and then times out! Any suggestions?

christian says:

I am still waiting.
It says running and a logo itunes appear on the screen but nothing happens… is working or is hang?

what should I do?

I want to unlock an USA iphone, and I dont have a USA SIM CARD.

Bryan says:

Hi, I want to upgrade my 3.1.2 to 4.2.1 but someone told me because iTunes already release 4.2.5 so if I upgrade it, I’ll upgrade straight to 4.2.5 which hasnt had jailbreak yet. I don’t know what to do, please help

ipan says:

does it support ipod touch 1g 3.1.3

dennis says:

hi can someone please help me i ran the jailbreak it all went good but i have blackra1n in a box saying done wait for reboot what do i do now its been like 10 mins still there

Sunny says:

hey..I tried your procedure and downloaded iPhone 3GS 3.1.2. Problem is when I run Blackra1n it shows “running” and nothing is happening after that..please advice if I need to wait? If yes, for how long?? Thank you- [I am trying it on jailbroken Iphone 3gs and I screwed it up by updating apple's latest software...:(]…Please advice or send a complete procedue at amrikropar [at] gmail [dot] [com]

light says:

how long does it usually take to finish it???

aLEX says:

ummm wht does blackra1n support. like wht devices ???????????
PLAESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REPLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

frost says:

please make blackra1n once again with icy instead of rock

seeleo says:

its not working it just says that there was an error report!

Flashboy says:

Hey i need to use blackra1n cause im blocked on recovery mode and i dont know what to do. It say Windows have stopped working. Its maybe cause i updated my itunes.

Freddy Oller says:

co to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleApple Application Support location and copy blackra1n file there, make a blackra1n sortcut and copy sortcut a desctop and open it or if jou do not sortcut then open copy d blackra1n there :D

Andrew says:

i am trying to jailbreak my ipod 4g and everytime i go to run the blackra1n prog it says unable to find file ASL.Dll or somthing like that and than it will crash.

thomas williams says:

hey im having trouble with downloading blackra1n.com it keeps saying cannot find some type of tool
can u help me

chris says:

I jailbreak my ipod touch before an i had to do again but it dose not let me jailbreak it it Say

This application has failed to start because the ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

what ASL.dll I need some help pls

Wasif says:

Guys,

I used to jail break my Iphone often using the Blackra1n Because of the fact that whenever I switch off my iphone and switch back on it goes to the connect to itunes thing and then i have to use blackra1n again. This wasn’t a problem at all. Connecting to the computer and run blackra1n and jobs done.
But today accidently my phone switched off at work. It asked me again for the itunes. I thought anyway i will do it at home.
I did everything now but the iphone is only showing the geohot (kid pic) and not doing anything. I waited for 15 mins and its stuck
Can anymore help me please

Regards,

Wasif
email: wasxif@yahoo.com

HElp please says:

Hey um when after it was done and when it was rebooting it just gives me a black screen please reply

Sajesh says:

Hi Guys how long it takes for recovery….
i updated my mob frm itunes even though its jailbroken
then its showing me insert sim
now i downloaded blacktra1n
and went to recovery mode then it shows running let me know how long it run i dont know whether it strucks or something like that Help me guys

pablo says:

hi
i have an iphone 3gs bb 05.11.07 jailbroken with blackra1n on 3.1.2 . i am very interested in upgrading to 4.0.

it is sort of frustrating to look everywhere for a guide to upgrading blackrain 3.1.2 fw, to blackrain 4.0.x or higher, if there is such a thing. it is so ‘simple’ to make it rain. are there any solutions to this problem that you could post on your page for us to read and use. i will be quite grateful if there is one way to work this out. so far all i have read in articles is that things stop working and that others are begging for answers to their problem. i have not upgraded because of it. do you have a solution? or could you point me in the right direction? merry xmas to all
thanks

v smith says:

i jailbroke my 3gs using windows xp and everything works fine. i installed the application on another pc (windows 7) and the message comes up to make it rain but nothing happens on the phone. is there another version needed for windows 7? thx

akhilesh says:

hello admin,
i have a unlocked iphone 2g(from AT&T-to vodafone india) ,it has a firmware 3.1.3 , dude i tried to restore my phone,itz successfully done but the issue is itz asking for a valid sim card . really stuck !
help me out its my bro gift , its(i.phone) my life… now i am worried tried to install blackra1n but not working..

Regards,
k.akhilesh Reddy
9884393134….

shan says:

its work with 4.2??

gherci says:

hi, i have an iphone 3g 3.1.2 and jailbroken with blackra1n, and i want to upgrade it to 3.1.3, can u please help me with some instructions ? how to do that? and will it work fine of should i leave it better to 3.12 ?

kevin says:

Hey, my screen is stuck on the pic of the guy. what do i do?

It worked says:

Thanks a lot… It worked perfectly for me with in seconds after struggling for literally 6 hours with other tools.

DD Krishan says:

pleassssssssssss

DD Krishan says:

I Installed 4.1 successfully but after black ra1n i did not get network.please geve me sollution for that.

DD Krishan says:

I successfully instald my 4.1 update to my 8GB 3G iphone.but after installation open through blackrain.after that my network has gone.My sim card works on other phones so I know it’s not that. It is showing bars like I’m getting a signal too. Any thoughts? Thanks.i am using vodafone.please give me a solution.

ike says:

I used blackrain on my iphone 3gs. It is awesome. However, it is not recognizing my career. What should i do to fix this?

Nyelugo says:

Hi All, it seems the Blackra1n doesn’t work well on iOS4.1? Please advise.

Shrey says:

Hey my ipod touch 2G is on version4.1 how do i jailbreak it.

Collin says:

It says wait for reboot, how long does it take? should i keep waiting or retry?

JP says:

I have used blackra1n to unlock my iphone 3g and it worked. I even down graded to 3.1.2 but there is one problem I’m having. It recognizes that I have my sim card in but it’s not linking up to tmobil. My sim card works on other phones so I know it’s not that. It is showing bars like I’m getting a signal too. Any thoughts? Thanks

MN says:

My iphone is 3G 8gb model. It is in reset loop with apple logo and update circle going on and on… I got this phone from ebay and not sure what version it was before I did a reset. What would be a dependable version of OS to use? Advise please. Once I up or down grade, Can I use blackra1n to jailbreak and unlock it again?

Travis says:

I have a 3gs that is running 3.0 fw I tried to upgrade the software to 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 and I can’t get either to upgrade becaues of itunes 3194 error. I’m simply trying to jailbreak and unlock the phone. I used blackra1n on it and how the phone will not boot up. I hit the power button and the apple will show up and then turn off. What can I do?

admin says:

I do not need your money. If you buy banner on sites

anuj says:

Hi Admin,

I can jail break my iphone3gs 4.0.1 but cant unlock it. it says firm ware not supported. can you please help me how can i jailbreak it and cannot unlock. your help really appriciated. I will pay/donate 20 $ if you can help me to sort out this problem.

timtam says:

i tried the software couple times but when it finish, i keep waiting for hours and nothing happen as it suppose be finished after DONE ,WAIT FOR REBOOT box come up…nothing happen…and i lost everything in my Iphone…Please help me out anyone

Jinetix says:

When I download blackra1n no instillation takes place, and it says the file ‘ASD.DLL’ is missing, but it still opens up the ‘make it rain’ screen. Once I click ‘make it rain’ the program will automatically freeze and close itself. The app doesn’t show up on the iPhone either.

Ipodwontwork says:

I have this ipod, ive waited over 10 minutes. it wont restore what do i do?

gaurav says:

blackra1n shows an error that it cant b run ‘cuz it is missing ASL.dll file.how to fix it

monique says:

wat is an ASL.dll program if anyone no please leave me a messege

Raul says:

After i jailbrake my Iphone 3gs with the version 3.1.2 and also blackrain. I can uprade to version 3.1.3 and also 4. how i can solve this problem.
Every time that i reboot my iphone i need to blackrain. there is any solution. How i can continue making the upgrade of the iphone.
Please help.

ravi says:

i got my iphone 3gs unlocked 3.1.2…after unlock the wi-fi is not working like when i ‘on’ wi-fi the phone doesnt search for a wi-fi device…please help me on this

raru says:

i got an iphone 3gs unlocked 3.1.2.. it can’t turn on after reboot..n i try on blackrain.exe but its still doen’t work – keep turning off!!!
i can see icon: itunes + cable on the screen
pls help

yanira says:

i’m have trouble how to do this blackrain…. i download the ipod 2g 1.3.1.3(7E18 restore than i download the blackrain and i dont know wat to do next can someone help me plzzzzzz….

yanira says:

Hey I’m having trouble with Blackrain my ipod is a 2g can it said it for iphone 3g.. i need help i can’t get to work.

JstTzn22 says:

Mine says wait for reboot after the Blackra1n has been downloaded, and run, but will not reboot. All I have on my iPod Touch 2G is a black screen without even the circle thing, or the picture of the guy with the phones on the background. Why is any of this happening? I’ve run it multiple times. No luck for any of them…

Rafael says:

Vivek,

Downgrade do 3.1.2 and unlock using blackra1n…but you will have only and iPod…u can’t unlock sim card … happend to me few months ago :(

vivek says:

i got my iphone and i upgraded it to 3.1.3
now unlocking is not possible
so plzz help me out how to unlock it

Dean says:

downloaded Blackra1n and saved. opened says app.dll missing and closes application. then displayes the Make it rain box and closes..

thanks..

help says:

i did download blackra1n[1] and it say…the program has stopped workin..

pleaseeeeeeeeeee says:

admin says:

Do not make stupid comments on 4shared download work if they see they did more ‘than 16,000 users

someone! says:

is blackrain uploadable on somewhere other than 4shared? cuz it does not work i doesnt let anyone download it …

Phil says:

I have tried but my 3.1.3 iphone does not install blackra1n, it completes successfully but no installation takes place. Please help..

Rak says:

its not work ..any idea y?

mike says:

hey thanks to the blackra1n i recomended to my friends like 6 friends and they say: Wow this is sow easy to jailbreak,and i say: is sow easy even a hobo can do it.

Thank you for this amazing little program those never fail.

raza ali says: